Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bobby's first trip to the beach - Crystal Crescent today

I cannot believe that my life has deteriorated to the point where I can say that I've had Bobby for more than a month and a half and today is the first time that he's been to the beach.
That it's been that long since I've been to the beach. It was a great day to go though, and we had a really good time - Bobby had a fantastic time.
It was also the first time that I've let Bobby go off-leash and he did really well - although at the end he didn't seem like he really wanted to be leashed back up - so I think I'll be careful next time and surprise him a bit more about when it's time to go back on leash - but overall he did really well.
He certainly had a great time running around the beach, and tonight he's completely passed out from being tired, which is super.
Charlie and Daisy had a good time too - which was nice to see.
And they both were being very photogenic, which was good for me. Charlie never has a bad day as far as the camera is concerned.
And Bobby proved that he not only likes to dig in my backyard - he also likes to dig at the beach too - I am going to have a bed full of sand tonight - you'll see later in this post that there was also some rolling action too.


All the time we were there I only saw this 1/2 of a buoy - so the buoy booty was very bad, nothing at all to take home with us.
And I guess I must have felt like taking pictures of flowers today -
Because I took photos of these different flowers that we came upon
I think the purple ones were the prettiest of course
This is Bobby sitting for a treat - even at the beach we were working on our sit

And this is Daisy saying - "I don't have to sit for a treat because I am perfect in every way!"
This is Charlie and Daisy sharing a quiet moment - except for the fact that I'm taking a photo of it
This is a shot of our own private beach - on a beautiful, warm, sunny day - only in Nova Scotia would you be able to find a barren white sand sunny beach 15 minutes outside of the capital city for the province - it really is shangri-la here isn't it?
Daisy was being so cute today, I could feel her nose on the back of my leg almost the whole time we were at the beach for some reason - although she's always been like that - she's always been a dog who's stayed close by when we're out on hikes, and maybe it's just because I was wearing shorts today that I could actually feel her nose making contact with the back of my leg - or maybe it was because I had my treat pouch attached to my belt today? Who really knows!


These next photos are the rolling that I was talking about at the beginning of the post - and this sand was extremely stinky for some reason - very sodiumy.... the dogs loved it.
Charlie looks like - "I've fallen and I can't get up!"



Charlie being perfect, once again

Here's a slideshow of all 94 photos from today...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:21 AM

    Did buttercup have to stay home?

    As I told you on Facebook, I love the shots of Charlie. He is extremely photogenic, as is Daisy.

    I laughed out loud at a couple of the pictures of Bobby. He's a little nut! I love it. He looks like a little spring lamb the way he jumps and his ears go flying.

    Thanks for the smiles!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did leave Buttercup at home because her legs just do not work and I wanted the other dogs to get a work out - but I think next time I'll make sure we go at low tide and I'll take her with us.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:58 AM

    Love the pics doesn't look like Bobby had all four paws on the ground in any of 'em. I'm thinking the expression on my face looks about like Bobby's today, finally some sun! Sadly no beach here in the fluorescent jungle, but a nice little work break to look at happy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan,

    What a lot of fun your boy, Bobby had!! Great stuff..great photos!!!

    HeatherM

    ReplyDelete