Monday, May 18, 2009

Twitter and the new Value Village in Dartmouth

So I am enjoying Twitter - I haven't been posting to it, but I've been accumulating people that I've been following, and I think I've figured out a couple ways to use it. One way that people use it is to advertise their blog posts - and about a gajillion people use it to advertise their online businesses - but when they're dog related - that's interesting to me too.

When you troll through other people's followers list you can find really neat stuff - I've found 2 American dog magazines that I've never heard of before - one is "City Dog Magazine" - who's website is at http://www.citydogmagazine.com/ and the other is "Paw Prints Magazine" - who's website is at http://www.pawprintsthemagazine.com/ - and just to show that Twitter marketing works - when I was at the Pawprints website, I liked their articles so much - I bought a subscription! That's the power of PayPal - I love Paypal, because you don't have to use a credit card with it, you can set it up so that it comes right out of your bank account which I love.

Another neat company that I started to follow was "Karma Charms" - they make charms for dog collars - plus they make collars and leashes for huge dogs - which is rare to find - it looks like a great company - and it was VERY hard not to spend money when I went to their website.

For an information junkie, Twitter seems like a little more than a distraction, because the people and organizations that I've chosen to follow seem to be posting interesting links in their "tweets" - so whenever I go in to have a look at what people have posted - there's always something interesting to read - unlike Facebook these days where it's all "so and so" has gotten 75,000 points in bejeweled blitz - like - who cares about that? Facebook is great for posting photos and organizing events, but for up to the moment on the spot - crack like - I want to be entertained this moment - Twitter is very good for that.

Also - today I went and found the newly moved Value Village in Dartmouth - it's where the old Moir's Chocolate Factory used to be - past the Dartmouth General Hospital on Pleasant Street in Dartmouth. It's HUGE. And a lot more expensive than the Halifax Value Village - prices seemed to hover around the $7.99 - $9.99 range - that's a lot of money for Value Village - but I found a few things to bring home.

I got this very nice bag from Land's End with a boston terrier on the side of it - it's a big bag - good for carrying lots of junk, and maybe a little dog or two.

I also got this hot plate with a great dane on it - eventually my house is going to have everything with a dog on it I think. That will be good.

I got a couple of other things too - but my Dad sometimes reads my blog, so I don't want to give away the store, but it was a good shopping day. I don't think I'll go there too often, because it's pretty far away for me and it's expensive - but for something different - it's a good place to go - it takes a long time to get through, that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:38 PM

    Glad to see you reverted back to your old formate. Found the beige a bit hard on the eyes. Like this clean look!

    ReplyDelete