Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The dogs were licking raccoon butts last night again

Charlie and Daisy got to interact with 2 raccoons in the backyard again last night - even Jackie was one to to eye with the raccoons they were moving so slowly to leave the yard. I don't understand why they are so unwilling to climb the fence and leave once I've told the dogs to leave them alone. It mystifies me - any other animal would be gone in 1/2 a breath - the raccoons just sit there and stare at me in righteous indignation like - how DARE I interrupt their evening dinner at the finest eatery in Metro?

As an NB to this story - the letter to the Editor that I wrote about the raccoon situation did in fact make it into the paper on the weekend - my successful run continues unabated. Yea!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:37 PM

    I've read that it helps if you throw rocks (no need to actually hit them) or spray them with the hose. Making a lot of noise helps too.

    ReplyDelete