Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lots of stuff going on this weekend

I thought I'd take a moment to point out that I've created a new page on my Charlie loves Halifax site - and let everyone know that there's quite a few things going on this weekend if anyone's interested.

I used to track all the dog friendly events going on locally on my website years ago, and then I started to get too busy doing other things to keep it up to date, so I stopped it. But a new program that I've bought to update the site with easy enough to use that I think I can manage to keep the page updated enough to keep everyone happy - so I thought I'd start it up again. If you have any dog-friendl events you want listed - you can email me at dogkisser@gmail.com

The page is at http://charlieloveshalifax.ca/events.html

One of the things that I think me and Charlie are going to go to is this weekend's grand opening of the Three Dogs Bakery over in Dartmouth Crossing, that sounds like it's going to be a pretty big shin-dig. They're touting it as the "summer's biggest coolest event" - so how could you miss something like that?

A thing I don't have listed on that page is a dance being held out in Beaverbank being put on by "Taking Action to Protect Animals" - a group set up last year The dance is on Saturday, June 21, 2008 from 9:00 pm – 1:00 am at the Beaverbank Kinsac Community Centre 1583 Beaverbank Road DJ provided by Hollywood Music Cash bar available 100% of the funds raised will be used to spay and neuter stray cats in Beaverbank…a humane approach to controlling the population $10/ person Advance tickets can be purchased at Downsview Veterinary Hospital 833 Sackville Drive (beside Robin's Donuts) 864-2882 or by calling Angela at 864-3368 / email tapa@accesswave.ca Tickets will also be available at the door.

As well - the off leash strategy meetings are continuing each evening this week as well as a couple evenings next week - the list of dates and locations are on my events page - so go check it out - and go to a meeting.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:19 PM

    There is also the Vetcetera Open House and Dog Wash.

    http://www.vetcetera-vet.com/community_involvement.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for this blog which I just found. A very rude old man tried to kick my dogs when we were walking on crown land this morning. I was unsure of my rights; thanks to your blog now I know!

    ReplyDelete