Saturday, September 2, 2006

Halifax Kennel Club Show is this Weekend!

It is so tiring having a busy social calendar! The Halifax Kennel Club is having their fall show and trials. This weekend is the English Springer Spaniel Specialty and I think Italian Greyhounds as well because the building was just chock-a-block with both of those breeds. I didn't think the province had as many italian greyhounds as many as were in the Exhibition Park building today. There was a lot of agitated little dogs with their tails tucked in today, let me tell you! haha.

But I am very tired tonight - the dogs of course are not, becaues only dogs entered in competition are allowed to be in the building - so they all had to stay at home. And that's all I'll say about that...

Janet Chernin's Oreo got to compete for the first time in her life in the senior's category - at 13 years old. It was a great injustice that she didn't place at all - for the first time in her life she didn't win something! But I am quite sure she was the crowd favourite.

Below are a couple pictures from the day and a picture of the table I was at - I went and sold my dehydrated liver at the Metro Dog Wash table - the lady who owns that store sells my liver at her store - so she let me sit at her table and sell my liver. I didn't sell too much because I spent most of the day away schmoozing. There was just too many people there that I knew and too much going on. I am the WORST business person in the world. Ever. No doubt about it. I had a good time though. And $35 will be going to the Dog Legislation Council of Canada because I said that for every bag of liver I sold today I was giving $1 to them - so it wasn't all bad!

The show continues Sunday and Monday - but I only went for today - the dogs would be crazy mad at me if I left them alone for 2 more days. And I'd have horrible separation anxiety if I had to leave them too!



The Senior's class all standing in a row

This was my table - a black lab was sniffing my liver very intensely here!
I had to take a picture of these neat things - these are magnetic decals like what you put on your car - like the "I love my rottweiller" or "I love my greyhound" - except they're personalized! The rescue group Animal Rescue Coalition sells them - they're $10.00 each and you just email them the picture and the name of your dog and they have them made. Isn't that neat? I thought they were awesome! You can email arc@seabright.ca to order them. And all the proceeds of course go to their animal rescue!

event

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:22 AM

    Hey Joan, just an anonymous blog reader who thoroughly enjoys your site and your love of all animals! Your passion for dog rights is unparalled within the HRM community and an inspiration to all.
    FYI- I've been reading your site for about 5/6 months now. Recently noticed in the past few weeks you haven't been blogging as much as usual. Hope everything is A.ok on your end. Just wanted to let you know that your blog rocks.
    Cheers, Joe

    ReplyDelete