Monday, September 26, 2005

Just about the neatest thing I've Seen!

Contrary to what some may think - I'm not that technically inclined or easily impressed - but I found and downloaded one of the neatest things I've seen in the longest time - it's called a "Google Desktop Manager" - and it's a strip that sits on the right hand side of your screen and it keeps track of things on your hard drive and also websites that you've been too - but it also has a continuous slide show going all the time of pictures on your hard drive as well. Isn't that just the greatest idea?

For someone who has literally a couple thousand pictures on her hard drive - you forget most of what you have - and to see them scrolling through - is really awesome.

I am just super impressed by the little program. I've got to say... there's your tip for the day! If you want to download it too - it's at http://www.google.com/downloads/ and just click on the "Google Desktop 2" section.

I will admit that I am a total Google-o-phile - I was one of the first people in the world to have a Google email account, and whenever Google comes out with something new I've got to have it - but that's because it always seems like the best thing to have - including this thing. I have no cares at all about being advertised to or that they are gathering "secret informatin" about my surfing habits. They can have it. It doesn't bother me a whit. If it gets me better and faster service - I'm all for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment