Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thank Dog for good service


I had to take the bus today - for the first time in about 20 years. THREE buses actually. I don't know how people do it. Yesterday on my way home from work my new to me car died - right in the middle of the road. Luckily it died right next to 2 police cars who were sitting there having a conversation with each other and it must have been a slow crime day, because one of the police guys stayed with me the whole time I waited for CAA to come and blocked the road so that no one would hit my car since - it was in the middle of the road. Turns out it was the alternator that went - five days after I bought it from Cars 'r Us out in Lower Sackville.

I called them and said that I'd bought the car 5 days ago and it had died - and what was their warranty? Surely a car that I'd just bought was still completely covered since I hadn't really driven it since I'd bought it. CAA was on their way and I was having the car towed out there for them to fix it. They said they'd have a look at it and get back to me. I was nervous.

So nervous that I called around to some other used car places to find out what their warranties were like when they sold cars - and the news wasn't good - they didn't even want to talk to me! They were like - 30 day warranty and it's 50/50 cost shared with the buyer, depending on the circumstances though and what's wrong with the car, and why are you calling me.


But it turns out that Cars 'r Us is actually a really good used car dealer - they replaced the alternator for free - so other than my really uncomfortable bus ride - everything turned out okay. Any my sales guy Craig owns a shih-tzu too! So everything is good - and hopefully nothing else will go wrong with my new to me Pontiac Wave that "just" fits all the dogs.

I also have to say why I went to Cars 'r Us - our family has a burial plot DIRECTLY across the street from the car dealer - so I thought it was really appropriate that I should buy my car across the street from where I was going to spend eternity. I took a photo of myself and Buttercup at the spot where we're going to spend that eternity if you want to check it out - I posted it here. Buttercup looks pretty comfortable.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Glad the cemetery police didn't catch you with Buttercup in there!

    Nice to hear about a good used car salesman too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as you said Cars R Us, I'm thinking "oh no! was it bad?" -- so I'm glad to hear you had a great experience because that is where I bought my Tracker in May, and I too had a great experience with them. :) I thought it was because my dad knew them, lol! They're a good bunch. Glad your car will be as good as new.

    You should have visited me when you were car shopping out there!

    ReplyDelete