Friday, June 2, 2006

Charlie got poked today!

Dr. Robin Boutilier DVM is an orthopedic vet who does house calls - and she came to my house this morning to do an assessment on Charlie before he has his surgery on Monday. Poor Charlie was such a trooper - she gave him some acupuncture and hooked him up to her machine so that he had an electric current running through his knee. Afterwards we had him get up and walk around to see if had any effect - and when he went out to have a pee he was peeing like a boy and lifting his leg - since his injury he hasn't been able to lift his leg and has been peeing like a dirty little girl on 4 legs - so that's a good sign I'd say. She's going to come back again while he's rehabilitating and give him more acupuncture to try and help him get better faster.

I'm sure Charlie will love the attention!


Buttercup says - "don't be paying all that attention to Charlie - look at ME, ME! I'm here on the couch being CUTE! I'm rolling around like you like! Pay attention to ME"!




Charlie getting poked
And then getting the juice

I'm sticking this picture at the end - this is my domestic goddess photo - I've had a bumper crop of rhubarb - don't Charlie and Teddy look proud of their Mommy's stewed rhubarb?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Hey Joan...this looks like fun...LOL

    Did Robin have any thoughts as to whether or not an orthotic brace would be something good for Charlie? Just curious...trying to learn more about this stuff. When Jeff or Robin try to explain stuff to me my eyes glaze over...

    And Robin thank you from all the rescued doggies for taking care of our mascott, Charlie :)

    cheers,
    ange & nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:30 AM

    Is Robin still doing this work? I have not been able to get a hold of her and need her help. Thanks for any info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:40 AM

    No she's not - I was able to contact her about 8 months ago and she's out of the vet business altogether as far as I could tell from the conversation I had with her unfortuantely.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete