Saturday, April 15, 2006

What in the hell is this mess?


This was my living room yesterday - I'm pulling up the carpets after 2 years of living in this house. When we initially came and viewed the house the first question I asked was - "do you think there's wood floors underneath this carpet?" and the realtor and my parents looked at me and gasped and said "but this is really nice carpet!" and I said "it won't be for very long with 4 dogs!"

I'm down on my hands and knees every day cleaning up spots because I cannot stand stains on carpets, and right now - I need something new to obsess about - so this weekend - the carpet is coming up. There's about 4 layers of oil cloth, and I have no idea what the state of whatever is at the bottom of it - and I have NO money to put down laminate, wood floor, or even any plywood to paint - so this is an adventure that is going to be truly that - an adventure.

These 2 pictures were taken yesterday afternoon. The room at this moment looks 100 times worse. The dogs are so freaked out right now you wouldn't believe it. They are like any other dogs and cannot handle chaos at all. I'll have it cleaned up soon enough. I can't handle chaos either!

On a much nicer note though - my parents arrived home from Florida yesterday after being down there for 6 months - Teddy and Buttercup have new laps to lay on and I'll be having more regular hot meals - it is great great happiness all around! Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment