Thursday, March 23, 2006

DO I Have a Ghost in my House?

When Maggie Carruthers, my animal communicator friend was here a couple weeks ago we did a walk-through my house and she could feel different energy points in different spots in the house and she became convinced, or maybe I became convinced, or I convinced her - or we convinced each other, or we came to the conclusion - but when she walked into my bedroom - she was blown away by the energy in there - she said she didn't know how I could sleep in there at all.

Now me - I don't see anything paranormal, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in that kind of stuff - but I don't see it. I also don't believe in God, but that doesn't mean that God doesn't exist - there' billions of people who DO believe in him - so who am I to say that he doesn't exist - I just personally don't believe that he does. So Maggie thinks there's a spirit in my bedroom - and when she looks at Teddy she can see a young man standing behind him - and it's funny that the previous owners of this house had a son die while waiting for a kidney transplant.

I don't know if he died in this house or he died in the hospital - I just know he died while waiting for a transplant because I found a newspaper article here in the house about it.

So does this maybe have something to do with Teddy's rages when we're in bed at night? When we're in bed he hardly gets any sleep - and by association so do I (get hardly any sleep) because any slight movement causes him to attack me and try to bite me. It was bad, and getting progressively worse - because he was starting to attack my head - and it was just a matter of time before he bit my face - and what was I going to do then? Up until now he's only ever bitten my hands and my arms, which is bad, but for a 10 pound dog - isn't going to kill me. I can deal with it if at some point in his life he is going to heal himself of his affliction.

But the same type of bites he does to my hands on my face would be very bad. I would never find a new husband now!

So Maggie suggested that perhaps I might move my bedroom into the other bedroom in my house - which has actually never occurred to me. Sometimes I am a complete idiot. So one week ago today I moved my bed into the other bedroom in my house.

And do you know what? Teddy has stopped lunging at me all night long. The first couple nights I thought it might just be a fluke so I didn't post it here. But it's been a whole week now. 7 nights. And he's still not lunging. And the only thing I did was move the bed into another room. I haven't changed the way I sleep, Buttercup's still in the bed, everything else is still the same.

Our daily routine is still the same. He is still acting the same way in the day time. All the other dogs are still acting the same way in the day time - but in the night time he has stopped trying to kill me all night long.

Is that not the weirdest thing in the world? So I'm thinking maybe I DO have a ghost in the other bedroom and maybe Teddy WAS being affected by it.

I can tell you that I am enjoying sleeping through the night now, and I am sure that it is improving mine and Teddy's relationship not having him trying to kill me all night long - because that's what he was trying to do. It was awful. I spent so many nights out on the couch because I just couldn't deal with it.

You ignore the bad and praise the good, right? Well with this behaviour you just couldn't ignore it - the only thing you could do was to walk away from it in order to stop it. And you couldn't put him out of the bed because he'd cry and hyperventilate and scream like only a small damaged dog can.

So I'm glad he's better. I hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment