Friday, July 30, 2004

Mrs Dingle's been here 2 weeks

These pictures were taken last night. I took away the kitty litter this morning to see if that might be hurting the infection. And the sores do seem drier tonight. I don't know what else to do, really. I'm thinking now that maybe she had no immune system because she was so emaciated when I got her so she had nothing to fight the sores with and giving her the ivermectin was a mistake because it's so toxic that it just bowled her over. I should have just dealt with her nutritionally like I would've if she was a dog. So I think maybe that's what I'll do now - treat her like I would if she was a dog and not like she's some exotic alien that I know nothing about. Because if I don't do something I'm pretty sure she's going to die soon. And I'd really prefer that not happen.


Mrs Dingle coming out to say hello Posted by Hello


"I have no immune system, but I have a lot of love to give!" Posted by Hello

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:16 PM

    Call the vet - he'll give you a phone consultation, and maybe it is serious enough to merit another visit. If you didn't overdose the ivermectin, it shouldn't be the culprit - but it'll only treat worms, fleas, lice, and mites, not fungal infections (if that's possible, and it probably is).

    A rat can overdose on Vitamin E, but there are chewable 200 IU tablets by Jamieson. You can chop one up and give her a bit; it can't hurt. It'll stimulate her appetite, too. Lots of good, healthy people food, as well as oatmeal and lab blocks.

    ReplyDelete