Sunday, March 23, 2008

Local Dog Trainer's book is mentioned in Modern Dog Magazine!!

I don't know if you know it, but we are really blessed to have a super dog trainer who's moved to our province in the last couple of years. Her name is Silvia Jay and she lives up in the Truro area.

I first became aware of her a couple months ago when she emailed me about my Charlie loves Halifax website, and when I went and looked at her website and read about her dog training philosophy, I was blown away. All the stuff she says makes so much sense and is so on top of what the best trainers in the positive dog training movement are espousing that I couldn't quite believe what I was reading - so I passed her name and website onto my friend who I also believe is a top notch dog trainer - who I don't think anybody in our town will disagree with me on this - Adina MacRae - and she came back to me and said - SHE was ALSO blown away by this lady!

So we have a hidden gem living up in Truro - who will come down and share her services in the Metro area - but that is not what this post is about - it's about a book that she's written called "Dump Dog"(and of which I ordered a copy for myself this morning so I could beat the rush - haha!) that has gotten a mention in the current issue of Modern Dog Magazine! It's about a dog that Silvia found and was able to rehabilitate with her own special brand of training and pure love - which is the best kind of training I think. I am SO looking forward to getting my copy of her book.

On her website she has got free articles - and I was reading some of them - there is an AWESOME article about walking your dog that I think everyone should read - it's at http://www.dogsensecommunications.com/dog-walk.html and it's one of the best things I've read in a long time.

Congratulations Silvia! We are so lucky to have you here!

No comments:

Post a Comment