Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Actual Local Animal Conferences Coming up!

It's hard to believe, but there's some actual local animal welfare and animal training conferences that are coming up in our area in the next little while.

In the last few days there's been emails going around about the 2009 Atlantic Region Summit for Urban Animal Strategies being held Thursday April 16th at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel. It looks pretty interesting and seems to be focusing a lot on cats and also has a session on "the business of urban animals in Canada"

It looks really interesting - I've bought a ticket to it - I know that I'm personally starved for this kind of stuff - so when anything like this comes up - I'm always game to go.

You can find out more information about it at http://www.bsuas.com/Default.aspx?pageId=309860

The second thing that's happening is up in New Brunswick and I WISH I could go - but it's just too close to my Washington trip when I'm going to be going down to the No Kill Conference to stalk Nathan Winograd for 2 days.... I mean I'm going to go - okay, yes I'm going to go stalk Nathan Winograd for 2 days, I can't describe it any differently.

It's the Canadian Association of Pet Dog Trainers Annual Conference - and this year it's being held up in Fredericton - and I SO wish I could go. Dr. Jean Dodds is going to be there, great trainers from all across the country are going to be there - it's going to be amazing. It's 3 days long, and it's going to be so much fun. There's even a lobster supper. There's too much stuff to write out here - the conference schedule and bio's are at http://www.cappdt.ca/UserFiles/File/2009/conference_program_and_bios.pdf

A couple other things going on you might want to take note of is the Annual NS SPCA's Annual General Meeting is going to be on April 25th with member registration beginning at 8:30am in the McInnes Room at Dalhousie University - this will be a voting meeting - so it'll be an important meeting for members to go to, so it's important to show up and be counted if you're a member. More information is available on the SPCA's website at http://www.spcans.ca/resources/agm.html

No comments:

Post a Comment