Friday, January 25, 2008

This is why Nathan Winograd is my Hero

Nathan Winograd has the most awesome of posts on his blog right now - it's all about how the HSUS uses it's power to make people afraid of dogs and cats and perpetuate myths and allows animal control agencies across the USA kill animals - and continue breed bans, and heavily regulate dog owners - he also talks about an interview between Jon Katz and the HSUS.

I have always intensely disliked Jon Katz - he's supposedly been a friend to dogs and written sweetsy dog books - but in an interview I read once he didn't believe that dogs had souls - and right there I knew that he saw dogs as being less than alive and I knew that he didn't really like his dogs. And from that moment I didn't believe a word he said whenever he was talking about his love of animals.


I think everyone who's into animal welfare should read this post by Nathan Winograd - you'll learn tons of stuff - it's at nathanwinograd.blogspot.com - it's so articulate and eloquent, you'll have your socks knocked right off your feet.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:07 PM

    Nathan really is the bomb...agreed.

    It would be so cool if he went on Ellen or something. He's so sensible...people would listen.

    ang & nelly

    ReplyDelete