Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Frosty Paws

Being a very indulgent dog owner, and a very impulsive shopper - I broke down and bought a box of "Frosty Paws" for the dogs - and didn't look at the ingredient list until I got the stuff home and had given a container each to the dogs and they had gone absolutely ape shit over the stuff.

How can any animal - dog included - go nuts over dried whey, soy flour, animal fat, soy lecithin, microcrystalline cellulose mono-diglycerides, caroxymethycellulose, polysorbate, and a bunch of other chemicals that I'm too lazy to type out? They trick the humans into making it LOOK like vanilla ice cream - but they fill it up with some kind of animal fat to make it TASTE good to the dogs, and then chock a block it with chemicals so it doesn't go rancid.

And then charge us $3.99 a box - that's $1.00 per frosty paw. I think my first indulgence in ice cream for dogs is going to be my last and I'm going to start freezing yogurt for them instead so that they stop staring at me when I'm eating my own ice cream and I'm forced to share with them. It takes a lot of work to maintain my body shape, and I need every mouthful of animal fat and sugar for my own self.

No comments:

Post a Comment