Friday, January 27, 2006

Greta and Jada are gone


This was one of the first pictures I took of Greta and Jada together.

I had an email from the lady who took Jada - a little before Christmas I gave Jada, Greta and Poppy back to the rat rescue lady who had originally given me Jada as a companion to Mrs Dingle. For some reason Poppy had decided that she really wanted to kill me and everytime I put my hand in the cage she was attacking me and had become super dominant - it had become no fun for anyone - including Jada who was losing the hair on her head - and I didn't know what else to do. I had done everything I could think of. So Sonia agreed to take them back - and when they went to her house they were perfectly fine - it seems that maybe Poppy just couldn't handle all the stuff going on around her outside the cage - and I will admit that life inside my house can be a challenge to live with - Daisy alone is equal to 2 or 3 normal dogs and there's 3 more dogs besides her - not to mention 3 cats roaming around. I had their cage out of the way in a room pretty much dedicated to just them - but you can only isolate so much before it becomes a jail, and I didn't want that. I wanted them to be part of the family.

So anyway - back to Eastern Passage they all went in their excessively huge cage and there they lived together until Monday night. Sonia said that Jada had been becoming increasingly frail and had developed a small lump under her chin but other than that had appeared fine until the last week or so. She hadn't been eating very much in the last week - and Monday night she died in her sleep. She and Greta - who I got from Sonia to be a companion for her once Mrs Dingle died - had grown very close - and for some unknown reason - she also died Monday night - wrapped up and nestled into - Jada. So they died together.

I had asked Sonia if when Jada died that she contact me because I wanted to cremate her and add her ashes to Mrs Dingle - I am now going to also cremate Greta as well because I think at this point it would be wrong to separate Greta from Jada.


One of the last pictures I took of Jada, Greta and Poppy


Category: [Rats]

Category: [Rescue]

No comments:

Post a Comment