Wednesday, August 4, 2004

I Think Mrs Dingle Has Turned a Corner...


Mrs Dingle deciding whether to get her picture taken tonight Posted by Hello

I think Mrs Dingle may be getting better. If she is I am SO happy! Her sores today seem to be drying out in the middle and are just red around the outside. I'm being cautiously optimistic because I've been so worried about her, but today she really seems to be a lot better even in her attitude. She's been climbing all over her cage and kicking things around and actually playing with her toys.

I don't know if maybe it was because I finally broke down and put some flea powder on her. Every night we spend at least 1/2 an hour grooming each other - she loves to be scratched and she'll actually go right to sleep when I do it, which is just the cutest thing. And she'll also groom my hands and my arms - but the other night I noticed that she had little red spots all over her body - not just the big sores on her back - so that's when I knew that maybe it wasn't just because she was scratching to scratch.

So I'll continue giving her flea powder once a week and keep up with the good nutrition to build up her immune system and Bob's your uncle we'll have a fat & happy rat! I can't wait!


Mrs Dingle preparing to groom me Posted by Hello

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:31 PM

    Yay! Fleas! Little buggers. Mine got some recently and I have no idea where they came from...thank goodness they are easy to get rid of.

    When you're ready to get Mrs. Dingle a friend, go here: http://prrr.ca or here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Canada-Rat-Adoption

    ReplyDelete