Wednesday, July 7, 2004

Everybody's got Kennel Cough Now

It was actually pretty funny. Usually when I come home from work I'm greeted by the sound of all the dogs barking behind the front door as I unlock it. Today all I heard was hacking and wheezing as the dogs tried to bark but all they could do was cough and hack. They're all acting completely normal but instead of barking they're coughing.

So I guess we're under heavy quarantine now. We'll stay home for at least the next couple days and I'm going to do some research to see how long they're highly communicable. Man, 250 pounds of dog snot to clean up. It's going to be bad. I'm not looking forward to it.

After note: I haven't found out how long they're contagious for but I did find a neat raw food site that gave some good advice on how to treat kennel cough holistically though.

No comments:

Post a Comment