Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dogs in cabs of trucks part 2

Last summer I was behind a basset hound flailing around in the cab of a truck - today I was in the parking lot of Value Village, and I saw this truck - with an interesting thing in the back instead of a window in the cab of the truck - a whole made specifically so that the dogs could stick their heads out.
It doesn't seem to me as if this is really sufficient so that the dogs can get adequate ventilation for their bodies though?
I don't know - people who own siberian huskies seem to think they've got the answers to everything in this world and everyone else is wrong about everything when it comes to dogs and how they should be treated, so maybe I'm wrong - but I don't think this is particularly humane.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:53 PM

    I don't own a husky but I think that it is pretty ingenious. The dog is getting the maximum air but can't jump out. I would much rather that then one being able to jump out and get hit by a car or something. It is a good size hole. Seems like it would be amuch as if a window was cracked down on a car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:13 PM

    Is this a truck that`s traveling or is it a truck parked somewhere?
    My Vet says dogs should never have their heads outside the vehicle when traveling.
    Says there`s risk of damage to their eyes.(dust,dirt,insects etc at 100+km/hr can cause damage.)
    If the ruck is stationary I would guess it would depend on the temperature and whether the dog is being supervised.It could bite someone pretty easily if they got too close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:42 AM

    Meh, of all the abuse and neglect out there, this would be at the bottom of the scale. Obviously these people love their dogs. A. They take them with them and they're not stuck tied to a dog house 24/7 and B. It looks like a lot of thought went into this contraption so that they are able to take their dogs with them.

    ReplyDelete