Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day to Daisy, Buttercup & My Mother!

The dogs' present to their grandmother - a handmade t-shirt that says "we love our grammie!"

Both Daisy and Buttercup were unfortunate enough to not be spayed by their previous owners and thus procreated before they came to me. Daisy's happened because she was chained to a dog house for the entirety of her life - so anything that passed by her basically had their way with her, and Buttercup since she's small and beautiful was probably bred on purpose. I'd be willing to bet her puppies were equally enthralling - and have equally bad back legs and bad attitudes towards other dogs and humans coming upon us on our walks. I've seen pictures of Daisy's last litter and they look nothing like her but look mostly shepherd, but I've heard reports that they turned into lovely dogs.

At supper tonight with my parents my father lamented the fact that not even one of their children didn't turn out "retarded". But you'd have to understand my family's sense of humour in order to know that this is in fact a term of endearment and was part of a larger joke. And people wonder why I'm always getting in trouble for the things I say and write? I would say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. We did have a lovely supper though at "Quincy's on Quinpool" and the all the dogs enjoyed the leftovers - although Buttercup wasn't too fond of the pan fried haddock. (That's a note to next year, Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment