Friday, August 17, 2012

Buttercup is 18 today

I can't believe it was 9 years ago today that I brought Buttercup home from the Dartmouth SPCA - I described it in a post back in 2004 when I was celebrating her 10th birthday - and even back then I thought she was so old that I didn't want to waste one minute with her because I knew she could be taken from me at any moment. In 2006 I also talked about her story as well - if you look at the photos - she hasn't aged one day!.

Who could have known that I would have 9 blissful years with her - and the time is still counting - she's still healthy, and not looking like she's going anywhere anytime soon.


Today it was all about Buttercup all day long - I had a couple of errands to run, and she came with me and we went and hung out at Horseshoe Island Park for awhile - it's one of my favourite places to go with her because you don't really walk anywhere - you just hang out and it's really picturesque - right on the harbour and lots of boats going by and stuff, it's very beautiful.

We had a great day. And hopefully we'll have a lot more.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. Happy Birthday Buttercup! You look very happy and have a Mom who loves you very much! That is goood and important!!
    Wishing you more happy b-days!
    Tailwags
    Ernie

    ReplyDelete