Thursday, November 3, 2011

Buttercup is a cock-a-poo!

I finally went and had Buttercup's DNA done (At DNA my Dog) - and I got the results back - she's a cock-a-poo!

I always thought she was a bichon poodle mix - but it turns out she's got no bichon in her whatsoever.

The report thinks one of her parents was a purebred poodle, and one of her parents was a cocker spaniel - so probably the other grand parent was also a poodle - making a cock-a-poo - and making Buttercup - 1/2 poodle and 1/2 cock-a-poo!

I guess that's where her slightly beige colour comes from. I guess that explains her slight viciousness, because cocker spaniels were bred as hunting dogs - and Buttercup can be quite the little pill when it comes to protecting me at the dog parks - and if you look at her teeth, they're huge compared to Bubby's.

DNA is so interesting.

She also has about 5% Australian shepherd in there too.

So I no longer have a set of twins, even though they look like it.

I've got a poo and a bichon.  Oh well.  They're still the most gorgeous dogs in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment