Monday, May 9, 2011

Home Depot sucks huge donkey's balls - for real

I'm sure everyone has heard that all Home Depots across Canada are banning dogs in their stores as of May 16th because of one (albeit very serious) incident that happened in one of their stores with a shit-zoo dog a few weeks ago.

It is such a shame that they have made such a strong decision on the basis of one incident in one store on one day, when I'm sure that over the past many years there have been 100's, maybe 1000's of companion dogs come in with their owners into their stores with no incidents whatsoever - and no fuss was made whatsover - exept that they made a lot of money from the dog owners who chose to spend their money in Home Depot because they could bring their dogs in with them when they shopped there - unlike other building supply stores like Kent Building Supplies here in the Halifax area.

I know that I personally will not be shopping at Home Depot anymore now that they don't allow dogs in their stores - because I spend my money politicically - and I've talked about that before.

I spend my money in stores where I can take my dog in with me - and I let that store know that that's why I'm shopping there. I have chosen to have a lifestyle where I spend as much time as I can with my canine life companion - and I know a lot of other people who are exactly like me - we are a niche consumer market that tends to have a generally higher than average disposable income - and smart retailers have realized this - and actually market to us.

It's a shame that Home Depot has forgotten about that. Hopefully their bottom line will catch up with them in the coming months.

I have a page for building supplies stores on my website where you can see other local retailers who are dog friendly - losing Home Depot as a dog friendly business won't affect our ability to buy our building supplies while still spending quality time with our dogs - we'll just be given money to smarter retailers! haha!

On another note - the Home Depot incident shows once again that breed specific legislation would not have stopped the attack at that store - it was a small breed dog who did the damage - dangerous dog legislation is what would have worked in that town - even small dogs have teeth, and bad dispositions and can do damage and any unknown dog should be approached with caution.

I wouldn't touch your 2 year old child - why would you run up and touch my little dog? Give me the same respect, and there would be a lot less problems in this world. Common sense really has been lost I think sometimes.

5 comments:

  1. BAH HA HA - sorry Joan but DONKEY BALLS - but you are so right at the end of this post. I have seen raving, ranting out of control 'human' children that run AMOK in 'public spaces' yet it is considered some what a phase and what really phases me is the stupidity of folk that would have the idiocy of 'man handling' either a strange dog or having the same nerve to 'squish' a child. GRRRR and WAHHH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:18 PM

    All it takes is one idiot to ruin it for everyone...and I don't mean the dog owner. Who the hell runs up to a dog they don't know and sticks their face right in the dogs' face? I'd have bitten her too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:09 AM

    I guess they should have just waited until more people got injured before they changed their policy.. AND I own a Shih Tzu, and he's the best dog you could have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:29 PM

    my dogs go lots of places but not to stores. What the hell does is a dog going to do in a building supply store? Pick out the shingles for a dog house? If the only quality time you can spend with your dogs is shopping then I feel sorry for them. Unless its a guide dog, they shouldnt be in a store unless it's a pet store. How about showing shoppers with alergies the same respect you seem to be demanding and leave your mutts home. Thanks for the list of stores i'll make sure I contact them all and ask why when there are so many people alergic they would let dogs in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually - the only places that dogs are not allowed to go is where food is being prepared, or where food is being served - anyplace else is up to the discretion of the management.

    Obviously you have not read very much of my Charlie loves Halifax website - and it's also very obvious that you are a complete asshole - and I do not engage with assholes - and this is the last comment from you that I will approve, so don't bother commenting again. It will not show up here. Good bye.

    ReplyDelete