I was clearing out the main page of my "Charlie loves Halifax" site of my Christmas shopping information and updating a few things - and thought I'd put here a new section I've added to the main page - I've added a "what's new" section near the middle of the main page - so people can see the newest things that I've added to the site and they don't have to go digging around to see the newest stores or resources that have been added to the site - for instance - these are the newest things I've added to the site
- Amy and Adina MacRae have replaced their old websites "K9Coach", "Dogs on the Go" and "Fur My Friends" with "Sublime Canine"You can buy Olympic gear for your dogs at http://www.vancouver2010.com/store/pets/cataccessories-catpets-p1.html !
- Cathy says the Ultramar on Inglis Street is very dog friendly and they keep treats behind the counter!
- I had an email from Rick and Sue and their dog Clancy that Rona out in Bayer's Lake is dog friendly - so go check it out! They said the staff is SUPER dog friendly - and their dog is a large golden - so they're friendly to all sizes of dogs.
- I had an email from Sybil - who is new to the HRM that she's started a blog about all the fantastic adventures she and her dogs are going to be going on - it's called "Eastern Eastern Passage" - and you can find it at http://crittersnus.blogspot.com/
- There is a new dog walker in Metro - and she also has started a blog - it's called "Tuesday's with Macy" - and you can find it here - http://www.tuesdayswithmacy.com/
- Another person who has moved to Halifax in the last year and has started walking dogs is Alex Ross - he doesn't have a website - but he's got an email address that you can contact him at - he's walking dogs in Point Pleasant Park - his information is on my dog walkers page and you can email him at email@example.com
- I had an email from Susan who gave me a TON of places in Lower Sackville that are dog friendly - Canadian Tire (Bedford & Sackville), Kents Sackville, Staples Sackville, Lawton Drugs Sackville, Blockbuster Sackville, Dollar Store (By the new Walmart on the Bedford/Sack border, Wilsons Gas (Sackville), and the Laundrymat behind Wilson's Gas in Sackville - WOW - that's a lot of places in Lower Sackville! She also said - "Just also wanted to give 10 paws for Brenda's Dog Duds on Sackville Drive. Brenda is a wonderful lady!!! I see she is already on your site but thought you might want to mention her new store in Sackville just up the road from Payzant on the right hand side
coming to Sackville!!"
- http://www.rawinstinctpetco.com/ - is a local online retailer of raw food pet food - they'll deliver it right to your door and customize it to your dogs individual needs - so go to their website and have a look around!
As well - White Point Beach Resort in Liverpool NS is offering a 'Gone To The Dogs'' weekend January 16 & 17th 2010. One of the features of this weekend is a Saturday afternoon Tellington TTouch Workshop with Kathy Crane Guild - Certified Tellington T-Touch Practitioner. For more information contact White Point Resort. http://www.whitepoint.com/upcoming-events/ - so if you're feeling like getting away with the dogs , and if you've wanted to learn about tellington touch - this is the weekend for you!