Monday, July 13, 2009

At least Paul McCartney seemed to like dogs

Paul McCartney played his only Canadian show here in Halifax this past weekend - to a crowd of about 50,000 paying customers, and probably that many non-paying on the streets outside. Me and the dogs stayed well away and did a lot of sleeping this weekend instead of indulging in all that fuss and bother. The thing I like most about the Beatles and Paul McCartney is Oasis - and they weren't anywhere near the Halifax Commons - so there wasn't much for me to see.

But one of my friends today sent me a link to a Paul McCartney song that I thought was neat - it's called "Martha my dear" - and it was orignally thought to be about an old english sheep-dog that Paul and his family had a long time ago - but when his biography came out in 2005 it was discovered that "Martha" is actually the inner muse inside his head - and that he'd named his dog after the muse - so the muse came first - so six of one, half dozen of the other I'd say - it's still a cute song. You can hear it below and also see pictures of the man himself with the aforementioned doggie-wogg. From what I hear the concert here in Halifax was a brilliant success.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:44 AM

    LOVE the Abbey Rd shots in this video! I love the song also - thanks for sharing!

    D

    ReplyDelete