Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Babies!

NOTE - In looking at these photos after I've published this post - you're going to have to actually click on the pictures to actually SEE the babies - they're at the top of the photos - they're the tiny little orange blobs!

I don't talk about my fish too much - but I am also the proud owner of a 30 gallon tank of mostly platys - and a couple of guppies too, and a couple catfish and one very flashy and large bristle nose pleco that I almost never see.
I have in the past had some cichlids that I absconded from my lunch room from my work that were a few hours from dying - but they did nothing but chase each other around so that they could try and fight - so I passed them on to true cichlid afficiandos who could handle their kind of special behaviours.
Platys and guppies are much more my style - very laid back and happy and just want to swim around and eat whatever floats by. And they are very beautiful

And in the last 24 hours, someone has had babies - which no one has done in a while - so I hope no one eats them!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:59 AM

    you're a very irresponible breeder, lol. Why didn't you have your fish spayed and neutered? I certainly hope you gind them good homes with adoption contracts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:32 AM

    nice fish --i appreciate you love and dedication for all creatures big and small fur OR fin ;-) janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:37 AM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUtPKbMwnRo

    Well worth your time! merry christmas! jm and the wolfhounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:19 PM

    What type of camera do you have Joan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a fabulous Canon EOS D40 - if only I could figure out how to use it properly!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete