Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Best News in the World! Zeus in Home!

I just got an email from someone who had talked earlier this week about the possibility that they might be adopting Zeus the dog who had been seized from Celtic Pets
Zeus has lived the better part of 5 years in a cage - and originally came from a home where he was chained outside - so his whole life has been a pretty shitty one.
It is so wonderful that he has finally found a home after everything he's been through in his life.
The person who emailed me wants to remain anyonymous - as I'm sure anyone would based on all the drama of this national tragedy.
They said said the first thing they were going to do was go for a walk on the beach - so that sounds like an absolutely beautiful start to a great late start in life for Zeus. I wish them all the best in their new life together. I am hoping that they'll send us some udpates so that we can know what a great and totally deserving beautiful life Zeus is having now.

Congratulations to Zeus - and congratulations to his new owners - I'm sure Zeus is going to give them the most wonderful love.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:35 PM

    Joan,

    This is the best news in so long!! Zeus has a home! Wow just typing that makes me so happy!

    I would really really like to thank the new owners of Zeus if they are reading! You have one special guy there...and I am so thankful you had it in your heart to come forward for Zeus.

    I think this is such a win win situation..Zeus has a great home and somebody has a great dog!

    Truly this is what it is all about!

    Again thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:18 PM

    It was so hard to finish reading your post through the tears. I can't express what I'm feeling right now except to say how does one jump up and down and at the same time fall to their knees. YIPPEE!! and THANK YOU!! just don't quite fit the bill.

    Joan, if you ever have the chance to speak to this gentleman, PLEASE convey my sincere gratitude and best wishes for them both. May they both have many years of love and companionship.

    Zeus has gone HOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:40 AM

    I am so happy! I stared at that picture for so many years.

    This has made my day, heck it made my year

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the most fantastic news and Zeus' new owners are getting a fantastic dog. I hope he's happy and enjoys his new life for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:58 AM

    that is such fantastic news. Restores my faith in humanity. Please give us an update if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:05 PM

    This news has made my day! Congratulations to Zeus, I hope his new owner will keep him & give him many happy days at the beach! He sure deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:36 PM

    Yeah for Zeus and his new owner - sure hope the owner gives you updates cause we all are interested in knowing that Zeus is well cared for and LOVED!

    Thank DOG that he has a home! YIPPEE

    ReplyDelete