Saturday, October 27, 2007

Long Lake Falls

I learned something new today. I had been operating under the assumption that some waterfalls that I'd been walking to with the dogs from Old Sambro Road were the same waterfalls that I had always walked to when I used to walk from St. Margaret's Bay Road back when I used to walk that way into Long Lake.
But today I learned that there are TWO sets of waterfalls at Long Lake. For the first time I walked all the way up to the top of the hill where the falls come from and they are completely different.
From the lake they look almost exactly alike - but at the top the landscape is completely different.
I was completely amazed. And when I got back down to the lake and had a really close look around I discovered that yes - this was different than the other set of waterfalls at Long Lake.
So me and the dogs have our own set of waterfalls at Long Lake. That's awesome!
I say that because the part of Long Lake that these falls are at is quite impenetrable and you've got to get down on your hands and knees to get through some parts of the trail. Not really a good spot for the less hardy.
Not too good for the weekend warrior types who like to go to Long Lake usually - and definitely no good for bicycles.
But it's very good for women who like to walk their dogs in PEACE -
And for dogs who like to run and around and have a good time -
And for dogs who like to have their backs scratched as a part of the walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment