Saturday, May 12, 2007

Serial Killer? Great Place to walk the dogs!!


Dog people are funny. 2 people have been murdered in the past week here in the Halifax Regional Municipality - and the only thing I notice on the news is that during the news reports is that I don't recognize the signs they're showing on the news for the "Burnside Trails" which is where they found one of the bodies of what may be the start of a serial murder of gay men here in the city - so I'm thinking to myself - there must be trails over there near Spectacle Lake park that I've missed.

I'm not thinking, how horrible for those families of the dead men - I'm thinking - I've got to go take a look and find those trails I've missed so I see if it's a good place to walk the dogs. I think I may be a bit of a sociopath.

So off to Burnside we went this morning!And guess what - all this time when we got to Eileen Stubbs Ave we've been turning LEFT to get to what we thought were the only trails in Burnside - but if you turn RIGHT - there's a whole other section of trails - and that's where we were this morning - and that's where the gay man's body was found this week - I guess this area is called "French mans Lake".
It's the cutest little walking path - it's not very long - but you can do quite a bit in there. You could go around a couple times - the place has got quite a bit of potential - I'm not sure what it's like during the week, but this morning it was deserted.

Isn't this just a gorgeous view? The dogs had a GREAT time!

No comments:

Post a Comment