Monday, April 23, 2007

We got to call 9-1-1 yesterday!

It was a beautiful sunny day here in Halifax yesterday - I even got to put shorts on - but when I went to take the dogs out for their run in the morning in the woods behind my house the neighbourhood hoodlums had been up there setting fires - and some other neighbourhood kids were up there trying to put the fire out by stamping around the edges of it with their sneakers! If only their mothers could see them.

I'm not the biggest fan of children anyway, but I didn't think that was such a good idea - so before I moved on, I called 9-1-1 and reported the brush fire. I've never gotten to call 9-1-1 before. How exciting! As I was leaving the woods at the end of our walk - I took the above picture of the firemen leaving the woods too - they had just finished putting out the brush fire. In today's Chronicle Herald there was a little article about how there were several brush fires in HRM yesterday - so I guess my call was one of them. I'm a regular Smoky the Bear!
This is Charlie, Buttercup and Bandit saying - it's just a fire Mom - we dont' NEED to be leashed up - we won't run DIRECTLY into the fire! Note the black stuff on Buttercup's forehead - that is ASH from another burned out fire previously set by the bastard neighbourhood kids.
Daisy and Bandit looking happy

No comments:

Post a Comment