Friday, April 27, 2007

Not too many of you have one of these!

Yesterday my Dad and me went and picked out a headstone for my Mom's gravesite - the plot includes a spot for me, him, and one other family member should they want to be buried there - so we also had our names engraved on the headstone.

Not too many people can visit their own headstone and burial plot when they're 40 years old, can they? When it's installed and we go visit my Mom there, I'm going to take a picture of myself in front of my name. Ghoulishly appropriate for someone who is slightly suicidal from time to time, don't you think? Takes all the guesswork out of where I'm going to spend eternity - at my Dad's feet - which is where I couldn't imagine spending anywhere else. Although he's still trying to figure out he can talk me out of mixing my ashes with the animals - his latest thing is having an urn with compartments - one for the animals, and one for me - he's very worried about how I'm going to come out at the other end - part me, part dog/cat/fish I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment