Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Introducing Bandit!


Here is Bandit my new foster dog - he's a beautiful shepherd husky mix who was dumped because of a baby coming into the house. As far as he was concerned everyting in his life was absolutely perfect - so he spent the first couple of days at my house literally crying at the top of his lungs and barking whenever a car pulled up outside because he thought someone was coming to take him home. I think he's figured out now that no one is coming to get him, so he's starting to calm down and accept his fate.

He's a gorgeous dog - only probably about 60 or so pounds, fit as a fiddle - he hates cats though - so if you've got a cat - love your cat and foget about Bandit.

Bandit is an excellent lover - he hasn't left my side since he got here - he loves human companionship - and as you can tell from the video I've put with this post - he loves other dogs - which is super! He'd be an excellent Seaview Park type dog - and I have discovered - he also loves balls - so he'd be an excellent chuck-it type dog too! I haven't tried to take him off-leash yet - so I can't say anything about long walks in the woods - although we have gone for long walks in the woods with the other dogs - just not offleash for him. He loves to go for walks.

Which is another thing about his previous family - they never walked him - so adventures will be a new experience for him - so he will love his new family even more for all the fun you are going to have together.

He also loves to sleep in the bed, and be next to you on the couch. He is all around really quite a perfect dog. Except for the cat part. He's 3 1/2 years old - so you've got at least a decade of good love. His Petfinder ad is at http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=8190802 or you can email me at dogkisser@gmail.com He is SUCH a good boy!

Here is his video:

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:31 AM

    What a sweetie!

    I sure would take him if I could - sounds like he will need someone around all the time - at least for a while anyhow. I hope he finds the love and home he needs - he is so lucky to have found you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan, is that your font on the movie? Fun movie, fun dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that is my font on the movie - the "Dogkisser font" - isn't that neat? I love having my own handwriting font! haha!

    ReplyDelete