Saturday, August 5, 2006

Porter's Lake Provincial Park!

Thursday night I had a chance to finally get to Porter's Lake Provincial Park. I've been wanting to get over there for years, and finally someone suggested we check it out and was willing to actually take me there. So off we went. I have to say I was totally impressed with the place. It looked absolutely huge. It seemed Shubie huge. And the dogs loved it. There were trails everywhere. I was so impressed with the place that as soon as I got home I made a page for it on my "Charlie loves Halifax" site at http://charlieloveshalifax.ca/porters_lake.html and the provincial government also has a really good page on the park at http://parks.gov.ns.ca/parks/porters.htm

I had to take this picture from the car as we were driving into the park - it was the first thing I saw upon our arrival. What I loved about it though was that there was a DOG in the back of the truck - but there was also a very large HUMAN in the back too! haha! Only in the country will you find that! In the city I have been known to follow trucks that have dogs tied in the back of trucks until they stop so that I can tell the driver of said truck that it is in fact ILLEGAL to be transporting dogs in such a dangerous manner in the province of Nova Scotia. I am usually not politely thanked though for transmitting that tidbit of helpful legal information.

There were lots of things for Daisy to pee on!


Dinah was pretty sure there were fluffy little animals in the bushes every where we were walking!

Charlie was huffing and puffing by the end of the walk.

This is an aerial picture of the park from the government's website about the park

No comments:

Post a Comment