Tuesday, April 18, 2006

New Template

Please bear with me the evening of April 16th - I'm installing a new template - as you can see! And so the look of my blog is a bit screwed up tonight!!!

Update: Morning of April 17th - for the geekified and those who care about such things - I turned the 2 sidebars into percentages - 23% instead of fixed, found the spot where the centre content margins were and lowered it to something like 190, I moved some code that I had in the main content html area, enlarged the font of the main content because my Dad emailed me to tell me he couldn't read it - and bob's your uncle - everything lined up. Thank Dog. I had relunctantly started surfing 2 column templates this morning feeling completely defeated. I've been working on this template for a couple months a couple minutes at a time when I'm at work and it had been lining up perfectly. So I was pretty pissed off last night when it didn't look perfect. So I'm happy that I can now move on and continue creating useless content and stop frigging around with the equally useless container!

Update: April 18th - so I guess the blog looked okay on my pc but not okay on most othre pc's.... so I posted to the usenet group - blogger-help-customizing and a fabulous lady posted some suggestions which I have tried and hopefully everything looks okay now. She has a super dog blog called "Turkish Dogs".

And from now on you'll notice that every post I make will be between 8:30 and 4pm every day to prove a point to my place of employment that the date and time function of Blogger is absolutely meaningless. haha!

Update April 28th: The 3 column template is gone - pictures just don't work with 3 column templates unfortunately - there isn't enough space for them, and I have a ton and a half of pictures. So I went back to a 2 column template that's on the Blogger main template page and replaced a graphic that's supplied with the template and used my own graphic. And with the help of Janice who helps people on the above google group and has the dog blog as well - actually, she just told me what to change! haha! - I got everything to line up correctly. She also showed me the blog - blogger for dummies, which I think she's involved with - which is also an excellent resource.

1 comment:

  1. Joan,
    Your new template looks great! I also am trying to change mine, from a two-column to a three column. I have the basic setup, now I just need to import the posts.

    ReplyDelete